The United Polish Genealogical Societies Biennial Conference will be held in Salt Lake City April 18-21, 2008.
Family History Library, Salt Lake City
Photo copyright © 2006 by Stephen J. Danko
The 2008 Conference will include some exciting new features:
- Video conferencing with genealogists in Poland
- Online with a famous writer of Polish research materials
- BYU Roundtable on Publishing Your Family History
Topics discussed will include information about German Poland, Russian Poland and Austrian Poland. In addition to the scheduled lectures, the conference will feature:
- Experts on hand to help translate documents in Russian, Polish and German.
- Time to conduct your own research at the Family History Library.
Speakers will include the following, appearing in person:
- Tomasz Nitsch, administrator of Poland’s GenPol
- Sonja Hoeke-Nishimoto, Family History Library
- Kahile B. Mehr, Family History Library
- Daniel Schlyter, Family History Library
- Ceil Wendt Jensen of Michigan Polonia
Speakers also include the following who will participate on-line:
The United Polish Genealogical Societies Conference will be held Friday, April 18 through Monday, April 21, 2008 at the Best Western Salt Lake Plaza Hotel in Salt Lake City, Utah. The tentative schedule has been posted. The final schedule will be posted when available. Registration is now open online and by mail.